Monday, August 6, 2018

Golden Faith


I bought a variety pack of pre-scored cardstock from Tuesday Morning. Besides having different colors, there were also different textures of paper in the pack. But it wasn't until I got it home and opened the pack that I realized the colors are just a little "off" from colors I would normally use. What, at a glance, looked like a nice salmon color, ended up being neon, for example.

The card base above was from that pack, and is textured. I doubt it would have been one of the first colors I would have chosen to use, except that I had this printed paper lying on my table, and it struck me that they coordinated. And that's all it took for this card to develop. The printed paper had already been cut with the curve, so I framed it in purple to add a little pop. The sentiment then fit nicely in the curved space. Again, not a card I would have set out to make -- rather one that just "happened" -- but I don't mind it. In fact, I kind of like it!

I'm off to take my son to his first soccer practice of the season. The team will have its first game before school even starts! Where did summer go?

Have a great week!

Supplies:
Stamps - Hampton Art clear "Hope & Faith" set
Paper - Cardstock Warehouse (base); Lawn Fawn "Bright Side" pad
Ink - Versafine onyx black
Dies - unbranded leaf & curved border

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, questions? Please feel free to comment!