Friday, May 18, 2018

Have a Great Day!


This card uses the same "dogwood" patterned paper that I featured on my first blog card. The paper is from a 6 x 6 Love Nicole pad called "Bouquet of Color." If you add this background, plus the strip used on the other card, you will see that I got 2 cards out of just one 6 x 6  sheet of paper. I finished this super simple card with a sentiment and butterfly stamp -- both from the Penny Black clear "Enamor" set.

I might be drawn to dogwood trees, because not only is it the state tree here in Virginia (and we have 2 beautiful ones right in front of our dining room window), but I also grew up with one outside of my bedroom window in Florida. That tree had also been pretty, until I tried climbing in it one day, and split the tree in half. It was never the same after that, and something that I always regretted! Funny thing about our trees now in VA: the 2 trees grow so close together, that they appear to be just one tree. The giveaway, though, is in the spring, when they bloom different colors -- one pink and one white. It still looks like a tree that's been grafted together, but if you look closely, you can see that they have 2 trunks.

Wishing you all a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'm happy to see you on the blog :) and am now a follower. I have loved your stamps for many years and still use them. Cheers, Dotty

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, ideas, questions? Please feel free to comment!