Friday, August 17, 2018

Butterfly Doily


This designer paper is different in that it seems to change color depending on what colors it's around. When I saw it in the pad, it looked like a grayish hue. My husband saw it and thought it had some green in it. But I liked the look of it paired with this chocolate brown paper, which makes the print sort of a mocha color. I thought the little doily resembled the flowers, so that's how the card came together. The butterfly just happened to be something small enough to fit on the doily. I wish you could see the shimmer on the butterfly's wings though -- that's my favorite part of the card.

Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
Stamps - sentiment by Hero Arts "Everyday Sayings"; Butterfly from Penny Black "Enamor" clear set
Paper - from Love Nicole "Delicate Floret" 6x6 pad
Ink - Versamark for sentiment; Ranger Adirondack "Espresso"
Dies - unbranded doily
Accessories - White embossing powder

2 comments:

  1. beautiful card. Where do you buy your Love Nicole paper?? I have seen you use it before. thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy! The Love Nicole paper is the brand they carry at AC Moore, if you have one near you. The 6x6 pads are often $1.99 or $2.99 -- before a coupon. (Thanks for asking! You don't know how thrilled I am to receive a comment! LOL)

      Delete

Thoughts, ideas, questions? Please feel free to comment!