Friday, August 10, 2018

White on White


I've always thought cards with multiple white layers look very elegant -- especially when there is texture included, such as embossing. I've long admired others' cards, and finally took a stab at it myself.

I started by embossing the top layer, only I used a Darice embossing diffuser, in this case, a plate which has an oval cut out of the center. Used with the regular embossing folder, it keeps the area in the oval from being embossed, so it stays flat. After embossing the design, I then used an oval die over the flat oval to cut out the flat part, and also leave a nice border to the cut edge.

I stamped the sentiment on the bottom layer (the folded cardstock) and then adhered the embossed piece over it. Easy to do, and I like the results. If I wanted to make it more elegant -- such as for an invitation, a nice white satin ribbon would be pretty -- but I'm keeping this one flat so it's easier to mail.

Enjoy your weekend!

Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black "All Great Things" clear set
Paper - plain white cardstock
Ink - Versafine onyx black
Dies - Spellbinder "Ovals"
Accessories - Darice embossing diffuser, Sizzix embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, questions? Please feel free to comment!