Friday, August 24, 2018

Steadfast Spirit


I don't have much to say about this card, other than the fact that I liked cutting in the curved shape to make room for the sentiment. The blues in this one didn't photograph well, so they don't appear to match too well, when in fact the blue of the flower and lace perfectly coordinates with the blues in the paper, in real life.

Sometimes I get a little too literal with these card ministry cards, and worry that I might be offending the recipient. Take this card, for instance: am I (me the card maker) asking God for a pure heart, or is it the implication that the recipient needs a pure heart? (I mean, we ALL do, but I think that's a conclusion for each of us to reach for ourselves, rather than me suggest that someone else clean up their act.) Sometimes it's best that I just get out of my own head and not worry about it. Does this happen to anyone else?

Mentally unbalanced or not, I'm glad you stopped by today! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
Stamps - Verve Scripture Medley 1
Paper - Pebbles "Garden Party"
Ink -  Memento "Love Letter"
Dies - unbranded edge border dies; unbranded lacy flower die

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, questions? Please feel free to comment!