Wednesday, May 30, 2018

A "Pulitzer" Prize?


I was flipping through a Love Nicole "Bouquet of Color" 6 x 6 paper pad, and mixed in with all of the pretty florals were these loud and proud designs that look like Lilly Pulitzer threw up all over them. At first I wondered how in the world I would use them, because each sheet was a little overwhelming, but then I came up with this idea to mix and match strips. The colors coordinate, and I think the white space in between the strips helps tone them down a bit.  This card is a little wilder than most of the ones I make for my card ministry, but there are lots of people in my church with lots of different tastes and styles, so why not offer a little something for everyone?

At first when my daughter saw these papers on my stamping table, she turned up her nose, but my finished card won her over, and I have to say, I surprised myself as well by how much I like how it turned out. I could put any kind of happy greeting on this, but I was short of "Get Well" cards, so I used this old Stampin' Up! stamp. How could these bright colors not make a person feel more cheery?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, questions? Please feel free to comment!