Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Cactus Joy


This one was fun to make! I'd like to say it's a one-layer card, but I suppose it's not technically one-layer when you use a die cut? The potted cacti are all one die which I then colored with copic markers.  Rather than have the plants "float" at the bottom of the card, I used a solid elliptical stamp to help anchor them. I had planned to mask the bottom of the pots so that the "rug" would stamp around them, but on my practice sheet, the masked version looked weird, so I just went ahead and let the rug show through. My daughter preferred the see-through version too, so maybe it's better not to overthink it.

Thanks for looking, and Happy August!!

Supplies:
Stamps - sentiment from Hampton Art clear "Hope & Faith" set; A Muse "Skinny Oval"
Ink - Memento "Northern Pine" for sentiment; Memento "Toffee Crunch" for oval
Dies - unbranded potted cacti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, questions? Please feel free to comment!