Friday, June 22, 2018

Rusty Rose


If you're like me, when you flip through a designer paper pad, there's usually one or two patterns that you kind of say "Aaack! What in the world will I do with THAT??" This was one of those patterns for me. While I really love almost all of the prints in Love Nicole's "Aquarelle" pad, this one was quickly skipped past. And, as has happened before, what I originally didn't like ends up being a favorite. Go figure.

The thing that originally stumped me was the color combo, I think. Powder blue, mixed with rust, mixed with purples? Oh, and some olive green for good measure. I was trying the print out with different solids, and when I hit upon this SU rust color, I liked it! Suddenly, it seemed like the color combo made sense. I added this flower from the Penny Black "Enamor" set, which I colored with Copics. This is probably the first time I've used my Copic markers in at least a couple of years, but I'm happy to say they were still mostly juicy.

I added the Hero Arts sentiment, stamped on a banner die from a Becky Higgins (American Crafts) die set found at Tuesday Morning. There are 8 really useful dies in the package, for $4.99. Score!

Since I still have time, I will enter this into Jeannie's "Rose Garden" challenge that ends this weekend. There's time for you to play along too!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Is this the lovely and talented Hambo Monica H.?!! Sorry I didn't realize it with your first entry in this challenge, but WOW! I'm so honored and happy you joined and I sure do miss the design team challenge days. How are you? This is another beautiful creation and that background paper is just gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining my Rose Garden blog challenge and good luck :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, ideas, questions? Please feel free to comment!