Monday, May 14, 2018

Shine on!


Here are a couple of CAS cards that feature metallics. They look great when the light catches them and are simple to make. The lack of frills helps make these cards a nice choice for a man, as he can look at them without the fear of getting glitter or floral cooties on himself.


For both of these I used a die cut, with the metallic paper showing through from the back, then mounted on a white card base.

I tend to use white card bases the most for my card ministry cards. I either use the plain white card as I did here, or I adhere a designer paper to the front. For the times when I use colored card stock for my base, I add a white paper liner inside. Since many of these card recipients will be elderly church members, I want to make these cards as easy as possible to read.

I also use "thinking of you" quite a bit as a sentiment, because it covers most reasons why you'd send a card. Whether the recipient has been shut-in and unable to attend church, or has been sick, or has had a death in the family, or has had a birthday -- in any of these events recipients can appreciate that someone has them in mind. I pair this simple sentiment with bible verses, so when this is on the outside of the card, a bible verse is inside, or vice versa - no pun intended!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, questions? Please feel free to comment!