Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Monochrome


This card was originally going to be a Mother's Day card for my mom. Problem was, while she can appreciate a hand-made card, she likes the mushy verses found inside Hallmark cards. I'm not a mushy writer, and though I attempted some nice lettering and a verse inside, and I even put the card in an envelope with a stamp on it -- I ultimately pulled it back out of the mailbox. Instead, I decided the Hallmark card was less of a gamble, so I bought and sent her one of those. (I actually sent a Hallmark birthday card instead of a Mother's Day card, because I liked the verse better.) Still, this card was salvaged. I cut the front off and mounted it on a new white card base. The monochrome look is very pretty in person.

The flowers are from a Penny Black clear set called "Enamor." It's a handy set for general purpose cards because it has several different flower stamps, a butterfly and a saying. You'll see that I used more of the stamps from this set on my next card.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, questions? Please feel free to comment!